View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 04:20 AM
Janice McC

Good morning, Boomers! It’s another rainy day in beautiful Georgia, the second of what looks to be about 10 days of rain. Well, I’ll try to think of it as piecing weather.

We’ve 19 in the 3 month group and 9 in the 2 month group as of this morning. We are well on our way.

Please remember as you prep your fabrics to please pre-wash, remove selvage, press and then cut into pieces 11x18 inches. Please make sure the entire selvage is removed, not just the undyed part. A lot of the time the selvage edge extends further out than you think at first glance. When you package your fabrics up, please put them in individual small zipper baggies, the kind without the hard zipper. Your board names should be easily visible on each Baggie and if you have color requests, make sure to include those with every piece. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, and you all know I’ll use all one thousand given the chance, does anyone have a properly prepped Baggie ready? If so, please take a pic and post it here for our newbies to see. If not, I can go make one up. Thanks!

Darcyshannon, welcome! As SBG said, it’s customary for the block maker to keep the remnants. If, howvever, you are very short of fabric you may request it back. Many Boomers use most of the f8 in a block so there may not be much to return. When you make your requests, you may request neutral background or white or cream or whatever. It’s never a good idea to be too strict with your requests as it takes a lot of the maker’s possible creativity out of the process. There will be a wide range of block styles and fabrics. That’s the nature of this swap. As for the size of your coordinating colors, that’s up to you. If you only want a touch of it, maybe a 6x6 inch piece is enough. If you want a lot, consider half a fat 8th or even more. It’s up to you. Hope that helps.