View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 05:30 AM
Judith1005

Teen, I'm sure your quilt borders are going to be show worthy. But, don't add so much that you over shadow your beautiful SBS blocks. (I usually have a problem with that myself. Don't know where to just stop adding.)

The lady I send my quilts to is a LA quilter. (But, not professional.) I did my research on what LA'r's charge and made her an offer on edge to edge (utility quilt quality) quilting. (What I could afford.) She is a fellow QB'r. A friend here. But, has asked that I not pass it along. She is basically helping me get caught up on the quilting of my UFO's. Or, they would never get done. She does simple quilting with her LA. And, I'm happy with that. There is no way I could justify the expense of $500 or more on specialty quilting when I truly would like to have a $500 or more sewing machine. You have to pick and choose your moments. Right?!

But, like Anael said, I am picking and choosing the projects to finish. Life is too short to not be doing what you love. Especially when you have no idea of the end game. The one's I don't, I will pass on to someone else for charity.