View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 07:18 AM
Still Sew N

I have a Janome Artistic SD 18 Longarm Quilting machine. I really like it. I had a bit of tension issues but got it solved. It is a good machine and I'm completely happy. I will mention that I have worn out the ring on the bobbin winder and I haven't been able to locate a new one. It has been suggested that I purchase an off board bobbin winding machine. I purchase this machine almost 4 years ago and have sewn approximately 25 queen quilts, too many to count lap quilts and just as many table toppers/runners. Once I figure out this bobbin winder issue - I'll be up and running again. My girlfriend bought one several days after I purchased mine and she has had no issues either. A great source of information is on a website "caffeninated quilter" and on her website is a video on how to thread the machine and how to take care of tension issues. I sure wish that had been in place when I purchased it. Both my friend and I paid $3,999.00 for our machines and company we purchased it from wouldn't budge a nickel. It appears they are selling for $2,999.00 online. It has been a good, solid purchase.