View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 09:05 AM
Joanie2

Anita, love that name. It was my mother's name. I feel your pain. I have been coloring my hair since I was 17 due to premature grey. As I got older I went from medium brown to lighter browns. As I was approaching 65 (just a few days ago) my sons and friends said I should let it go. Vanity and my thinning hair due to medications made it difficult for me but I decided I would give it a try since I have short hair. My friends suggested shampoos that cater to Blonde to Silver in a purple bottle. Clairol has one, Ulta has one and I purchased an Equate brand at Wal-Mart. I've used it 4 or 5 times so far and have already noticed less brassy hair and a softer look. My fear of having bland grey hair is diminishing as my grey is whiter than I had thought it would be. I had originally thought after trying it for a bit I would ultimately go back to coloring but honestly I'm happy with where it's going and I know I won't. I still have about 2" of light brown before I am totally out of the coloring stage. My Great Clips cutter says 3 more haircuts should do the trick but I'm sure one more will do it. Take the plunge and give one of these products a try. I'm glad I did.