View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 05:46 AM
Rhonda K

Thanks for your replies. I am more than half-way on my journey of Un-quilting. It's not a terrible process. I am learning a great lesson and gaining a little knowledge about quilting and myself. So win-win!

Originally Posted by sewvicki View Post
I'm assuming the first quilter was paid for her services and not doing the quilting as a favor. Why wouldn't you go back to her and ask her to unquilt it and do it correctly. She must be aware of her mistake, or if not, should be make aware of it. I think you have every right to do so.
My original posts asked a question about the long-arm process. It was never about addressing the issues with the original quilter. As I mentioned the issues will be addressed personally at a later time. I will see her in the next week or two and we will chat. It is not an urgent matter.

I had to give myself some time and distance with the matter and needed to consult with other quilters first. This was a new situation that I haven't experienced before and wanted to gather my thoughts first.

At this time, I am not requesting anyone else to do the un-quilting. It is intensive and a project that could have additional mishaps. It's not a project to delegate to others.

The issue of the fold was pointed out to me by the quilter. I thought it would be an easy fix that I could live with and the quilting also appeared fine. After careful consideration I made the decision to fix the error. I am not a "live with it" girl. The setback just adds a little "grit and grace" to my quilt and I will love it even more.

Again,thanks Everyone! I appreciate your helpful tips and comments on the long-arm process. I feel that I can now "gracefully" provide valuable feedback to the original quilter and help her in her quilting journey too.

When the quilt is finished, I want to see love and grace in it and not an un-happy experience.

Thanks Everyone!