View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 06:40 AM
Tothill

Another Canadian chiming in.

I live on Vancouver Island, just North of Victoria, the Provincial Capital. Weather, I canno imagine how cold a Michigan winter must be. ⛄️❄️��. Here our winters are mild, with rare snowfalls and lots of rain. You learn to wear a waterproof jacket and continue on. Summers are warm, sometimes hot. You can swim in the ocean, local lakes and rivers. AC is nice, but not absolutely necessary.

Sew Expo is in Pullaup each February and there are some great quilt shops to be found and lovely guilds too.

Keep in mind the marijuana is legal in Washington and soon to be in Canada. You may find that people’s attitudes towards drug use differ from what you are used to, or not.

Traffic around Seattle, the counties to the north, south and east is terrible, but there are communities further from that traffic corridor that are quite lovely.

Waterfront and water view property is generally much more expensive than expected, as is property on an island.

Oh and there are not nearly as many bugs in the summer than I have seen east of the Cascades.