View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 09:25 AM
Janice McC

Thanks, D Henson, Cheesehead, SBG and Terriamn.

No, luckily she had no mast cell, that was our other, younger dog. Connie, your Rio’s twin Terriamn, needed a teeth cleaning and it turned out she had more broken teeth so that was pretty involved. While she was going to be under anyway, I opted to have 2 fast growing but benign lipomas removed and that’s the problem. I’m actually furious with myself for opting for the additional surgery. Surgery was super fast and safe but recovery is very hard on her. She must wear an E-collar, be sedated and crated almost 24/7 because she’s so agitated and hurt. Poor baby. I thought it would be much easier on her than it’s turned out to be. I’m fighting a strong “I’m a bad dog-mother” feeling right now. . But she is better than she was yesterday.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
...Janice hoping your pup starts improving quickly and hoping it wasn’t more cancer surgery.

Our old girl is sleeping 20 out of 24 hours a day. Took her into vet for her yearly check up and was shocked when he said he thought Rio could live 1 to 3 more years, based on her heart rate. Of course her cancer could grow faster but guess I can stop checking her breathing all the time. She is such a sweetie

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-19-2018 at 09:31 AM.