View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 08:21 PM
quilt9226

Don't move here unless you move to counties other than Snohomish, King or Pierce. Tax payers in those counties are burdened with ST3 (Sound Transit train system). Our sales tax is anywhere from 10% to 10.8% and annual car licenses also increased. There was not accurate information provided in the voters pamphlet and the taxpayers were duped into voting for this debacle. Taxpayers in Snohomnish County are really pissed because we were promised service by 2025 but the northern routes have been usurped for Ballad (Seattle community) and the Eastside. Property taxes across the state have increased for education after a Supreme Court decision. The legislature has had 30 years to fix the problem. The cost of housing has skyrocketed. A newly built house in my neighborhood listed for $1.1 million and sold within a week. If you move to the City of Seattle, you will have to pay an additional tax per ounce on drinks with sugar, even your latte from Starbucks. The Seattle City Council is imposing a "head tax" on business which will be used to combat homelessness. The City has spent a billion dollars and it has nothing to show they did anything. I suspect that is one of the reasons Amazon is looking to other states for Headquarters 2. In fact, Amazon has slowed and delayed construction My city, Edmonds, has new businesses who left Seattle because it is not friendly to business. Traffic is horrible in the metropolitan area. I try to do my errands in the morning because by 11 AM traffic on Highway 99 is horrible. I never drive to downtown Seattle, the bus is faster and certainly cheaper $1 for seniors with an ORCA card. It's a beautiful state but if you want to go to a state park you can either by a yearly pass or pay $10. I think you can do better than Washington, to be honest.