Old 05-24-2018, 06:40 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Looking foward to seeing your 9P quilt, dublb. It's such a versatile block. Your mom is lucky to have you to help her navigate this time of her life.

Just got in from the garden...gotta love the long daylight evenings. Went to the local landscape shop this afternoon and brought home a pickup load of mulch. Took a little nap before I went out and started unloading it onto flower beds. Planted my nasturtium and four o'clock plants I started from seed and put where the daffodils are. Watered them and applied the mulch. This bed has budding peonies, a few daisies, some black eyed susans, purple coneflower, white lilies and day lilies all in a triangular shape. In the center I put a 5' pyramid obelisk and planted cardinal climbers at the bottom. I hope they grow, too.

I can't believe how the foxtail started growing in my clean asparagus bed. I worked on that bed tonight. Mulched around the lillies and cranesbill. Need to work in the aspargus before I mulch there. Planted more nasturtiums and four o'clocks in the blank spots before I added mulch. Feel like I've accomplished something today. Work tomorrow. DD and family come for the weekend...have to get bedrooms and bathroom ready..Later.