Old 05-26-2018, 10:32 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

I found a new source online to order my perennials, peonies, and lilies. Since we are not planting a garden this year, I am filling in the flower beds and dh is putting down thick straw so we will not have to weed them all summer. I am building Chicken Wire protectors to put over the plants so dh will not 'hoe' them out as he has done in the past years in my perennial bed. Got to sweet talk him in the morning to help plant the last of the lily bulbs into the RR tie bed. I will edge it with marigolds and zinnias. Next year I will add mums. With bleeding hearts and peonies doing well in the bed, it will lengthen out the seasons of the bed. I will replace spring bulbs this fall for Spring tulips, etc;, on the edges.

Weather has turned *Hot* and dry, so we are watering, so the water bill will go up again. Paying five doctor bills plus two more new ones...save for retirement 'cause bills just keep on coming in the mail or email on the computer. It isn't the golden years, its the rust and decline of the body that costs so much these days. But we are blessed that we can still take care of ourselves and get to where we need to be. Amen.