View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 01:19 PM
burnsk

Originally Posted by Justok
I looked up the rules for entering a judged quilt contest. The rules state the quilt entered can only be no older than the year, 2008. My quilt was finished in 2007. My question is , how do they know what year it was finished and would it be cheating if I entered? I want to add that I would never cheat to win.
Came across this topic and it's been an interesting read. I don't know Justok but I hope no one is judging her on her asking this question. I think it was a legitimate question, I'm sure just asked hypothetically, and raised several questions that I know I hadn't ever thought about. I am glad she asked the question and started the "conversation" because the answers have been interesting.

None of my quilts will ever make it to a judged quilt contest. But it did bring a question to mind: what if I had some fabric that I bought 2 -3 years ago, you know - one of those "I gotta have it but know what I'm going to do with it" fabrics. Now I decide I want to make a stupendous quilt that I want to enter in a contest. Are there rules as to the age of the fabric you can use? Is this something that would be in the "rules" for entering the show? I'm asking this hypothetically because I'll never make it to entering a show.