Old 05-27-2018, 06:42 AM
dublb

I was lazy yesterday. I was too lazy to even sew. I did bake a berry cobbler before it got too hot. I had trouble doing it as I didn't have anyone to taste it while I made it. I knew that the last berry cobbler I made was very tart so doubled the sugar. Well the filling was soupy. When I added the toasted pie crust bites they floated to the top. That meant that I couldn't weave pie crust strips on top. So I cut those strips into more bite size pieces, toasted those & added 'em to the cobbler before baking it. I didn't put anythings on top. My family were really pleased. Especially my DM. She hadn't had any berry cobbler since she was diagnosed w/Diverticulitis in 9'97. My family came over for grilled steaks for supper last night. They were pleased about the cobbler as it was a surprise. I hadn't told 'em that I was making it. These berries are the same kind that my DGPs grew. Brazos Black Berries.
It is summer in TX. We hit 100* yesterday. I heard that it got up to 108* in Midland. I am glad I am not in Midland. Now the humidity level is higher here than in Midland. In Midland it was 10% & here it was 45%. It was still more uncomfortable there. At least we had a breeze here. I also heard that there was no wind in Midland which surprised us.