View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 07:38 AM
QuilterMomma

Hello everyone! Back from my trip to Montana. I did get my nephew's quilt done on time and my customer's quilt was bound as we arrived in Billings. Had to stop and buy some new hand sewing needles. Good thing I did, wow, putting toothpicks thru binding is not fun.
I have been quilting for around 23 years. I have been longarm quilting for about 15 years now. I was inspired by my grandmother when she gave me a quilt for my wedding gift. It was a fan quilt. Wish I knew that you were not to put a quilt in the dryer. It was all hand quilted. I need to do some repairs on it now. I have participated in a few of the booms, earlier and later. Janice, I prefer this mailing method, more reliable to me.
Does anyone know what it means when a Native American calls you a "White Weed Woman"? I am trying hard not to fall in that offended category at the moment.
Jaba, I do hope you hang tough girl and we will miss you for sure.
Thank you call for the well wishes. I do have my orthotics, but did not think about putting that in my boot. Maybe go and buy some Dr. Scholls.
Oh, and I was a very naughty girl in the fabric shop. I shopped at Fiberworks, Laura Heine, in Billings and spent way over my alotted budget. I just could not help myself. I was going thru store and buying a quarter yard or half yard, then bought lots of her fabric line. Well, let us say I need to do some customer quilts to pay back my savings. LOL Got some beautiful fabrics though and thinking I just may use the three yard lot I bought for this swap. I had no plans for it, just loved it. We shall see if I can part with it. LOL I may split up the fat quarter bundle and send that out to make blocks for the panel I bought of hers. Pondering.