View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 08:56 AM
GramE

Hello to all. Couldn’t stay away too long, I miss the excitement. DH and I have been married 49 years, we have four children, 12 grandchildren and a great granddaughter who just happens to live right across the street. She thinks i’m The cookie lady because we make cookies every Wednesday for youth group. I cannot remember not sewing. In my high school years I won a sewing contest at our Singer Store. I won a small reel to reel tape player. When my daughter was young we made a lot of her clothes with Ben Franklin flat folded fabric. Then in high school I made prom dresses. But she never could find one pattern that she liked. We always had two or three patterns to combine. I even made one for an exchange student who thought it was a big deal to have a dress hand tailored to her liking. Then I went to work for 25 years delivering mail. (And buying fabric to build a stash!) Now, retired and home to sew and be GramE. Four grands graduating next week, then 2 of them leaving for boot camp. Four years ago, I stumbled on a website called Inklingo and have taught myself to hand sew, which I thought was a totally unattainable goal. But now i’ve got a Millefiori on my design wall waiting for me to remember it’s there. I stumbled on to the QuiltingBoard website while looking for a quilt pattern and I haven’t looked back!

But my first Boom was 16, I think. Sat out a couple for health reasons, but itching to get back into the stitch of things. I’ve signed up, but I have not picked a fabric yet. Trying to decide what the end purpose for this quilt will be. Maybe a gift so I want to get the fabric right.

This is is the kindest group Of women. Hands down. No competition. And our fantastic leader, she has a great sense of humor, she has to as she keeps us all in line. Generous, compassionate, helpful. Everyone is #1!

Hope your experience is as great as mine have been. ❤️