View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 07:00 PM
ND Quilter

Yes, something happened to the factory in Switzerland. I thought I heard it was an avalanche that destroyed the basement. But I could be wrong. What makes the Bernina feet unique is the way they attach to the cone. There is no adapter for low shank or high shank. It is what I refer to as one toe or two toes. The old style has two smaller pieces of metal on the front of the foot that attaches to the cone. The newer feet have one wider piece of metal in the front of the foot where it attaches to the cone. The style you want for the older machine is two toe. Also there is a difference in the color of the box. I think the old style box is red where the current models use the white box. (one toe) Call a Bernina Dealer near you. The Bernina dealer I worked for carried both styles in the store. We also carried both styles of walking feet. As far as the number is concerned, the number is the same for both styles. It got rather confusing when someone called for a foot and I needed to know which machine they had so I could get them the correct foot.