View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 09:59 PM
Lynnie25

Default Street Directory Quilt Update

Am I the only one who struggles to keep up with social media nowadays LOL. I love reading the quilting blogs and forums, especially this one but I find life gets in the way, walking for exercise (2 hours per day) eats into my precious quilting time and the weeks zoom by without any interaction.

I thought some of you might be interested to know that my Street Directory Quilt now hangs in the local Civic Centre Gallery and will be there until the end of July. It will then hang in the local Visitor Information Centre from September for the summer season and influx of tourists to our town. I have had my '15 seconds of fame' - a radio interview with a local radio station, an article in the local newspaper and an afternoon tea/viewing at the Gallery, with over 70 people coming along to view the quilt.

It is lovely to hear such lovely and positive comments about the quilt, see everyone immediately search for their street, family members' streets and try and find the many landmarks, objects and animals quilted into the quilt.

Now I am happy to 'enjoy our wintery days' beside the warm woodheater and getting some much needed quilting done on various other quilts.
Attached Thumbnails 20180517_144549-copy.jpg   dscn2538.jpg   untitled-copy.jpg