View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 06:57 AM
Lee in Richmond

Originally Posted by Schill93 View Post
I want to replace my 6" x 24" ruler to buy a Creative Grid one of which I have others and like. I am torn between the two sizes. I work mostly with yardage but seldom have had need for making cuts 8 1/2". My block cuts would usually be smaller cuts.

The only thing I can think of is making 8 1/2" strip cuts sometimes. What are your feelings on the benefits or negatives of either one. Does the larger size seem to stay put better without sliding, or the other way around for that matter. I need to decide today in order to take advantage of a 20% discount at Connecting threads.
I realize I am late with this -- off in Florida on vacation -- but I think the size of ruler that is comfortable depends somewhat on the size of your work table. I recently broke a ruler, and almost bought a 6"x24" replacement before my husband dragged out an unused one of that size. I'd forgotten I had it. My go-to size for cutting strips of any width is 5"x24". I have a 3"x24" that is useful for 2-1/2" strip cutting, but for the rest, 6" or 8" is too wide. I am using an old door as a workbench, and have tons of other stuff "stored" on the surface, so I think that is why I choose that size. Apparently, I am alone in that. . .