View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Roben

I think I've been upstaged, have lost one of my sewing machines, and overall just created a monster! DH - Mr. lead-man journeyman electrician, woodworker, former oil well driller, never met a power tool or a piece of heavy equipment he didn't immediately bond with - decided he wanted to try paper piecing a Mariner's Compass Block after he saw my first one.

Off we went to the fabric store Friday night. He picked out his fabrics (the girls and I had to steer him just a little) and those girls at the store had a ball helping him. We had so much fun; I kept asking him if I could finish picking the fabrics for *my* quilt yet, and the girls just roared.

He started about 4 yesterday afternoon, and finished up about 1 am. He didn't think to stop to eat (a minor miracle for him!) I managed to catch a picture of him in the act, and his finished block. He's thinking about the blues to border the block, but he hasn't decided yet.

(I'm thrilled to be able to share this passion with him, but let's not tell him that just yet - I'm having a hard enough time trying to get my sewing machine back!)

Attached Thumbnails attachment-48681.jpe   attachment-49594.jpe