View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 03:58 AM
WMUTeach

My best organizing idea is to dump what you do not use. From time to time I get the "itch" reorganize and clean up the mess. What I always end up doing is getting rid of what I am not using. It may be cleaning out the books that that are primarily duplicate patterns of what I already have or those bargains or freebees that now with the light of reality shining, I know I will never use.

Last week I went through about 10 binders that had downloaded and printed patterns, monthly patterns from my guild meetings, directions for mystery quilts and on and on. I put all of the downloaded patterns in ONE binder. I recycled those that I will NEVER make. Others I stapled pages together and I will take them to my guild meeting for others. If they don't want them, I'll recycle them. In the end my Farmer's Wife patterns are now in one binder with my check off list of finished blocks, one binder of future patterns, two of guild blocks and a pile of binders to give to good will.

I have done the same with my stash. The itch comes floating by and I look for cuts that I know deep in my heart that I will never user because I so dislike it. Why keep it? Let someone else love it and use it.

My final suggestion is to Stop fussing with organizing this and that and finish a project. Get it off the sewing table, out from under the pressure foot and out the door. The feeling of success when you finish a project is a endorphin buzz that is better than drugs! It works for me.