View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 07:21 AM
givio

My first quilt was started in the early 60's and it is a UFO. lol It's 9patch blocks and I have them-- just never put them together into anything. I hope to get to it. If I finish it, I could post a picture then. It's in a box somewhere, and I'll not search for it today. At the rate I'm going on it, it may be my last quilt! :-p

What my next quilt was, I don't remember. Early on, I did a log cabin that was a request from someone in Sweden. At the time, people there hadn't seen the 'American quilting craft' in person, and this woman was thrilled to have one. I made more than 24 quilts before the mid-seventies, because I remember I quit counting after I reached two dozen. No pictures of any of them. All gifts to give away, or to order for pay. Then my kids came, and I quit quilting for a long time.

I'd say my sewing ability is generally the same and my choice of design might be similar, but fabrics have changed a lot, and I rarely quilt by hand now, which is what I did then.

Jordan, I think I was typing at the same time as you. Funny that we both haven't finished our first quilt yet. :-)

Last edited by givio; 06-03-2018 at 07:27 AM. Reason: to respond to Jordan's post