View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Becky

Stippling is free motion quilting, You drop your feed dog and move the fabric around as you sew, If you have a machine that goes by just pushing a button, you press the button and move it around, the idea is to make curves kind like a jig saw puzzle piece. don't cross over lines just curve and wind around. You hold the fabric snuggly and move it around. You work in small areas at a time. Thats how I was taught 2 yrs ago, I have since learned that its about finding the speed that is comfortable for you as you do this. At first it did'nt look the way I was taught, So I almost gave up. But I was told do this for maybe 30 mins every day for a week and you'll get the hang of it. And BINGO, I did, and it did, I've seen it done on vests and pillows and quilt. I love the visual effect, I use it alot when I do echo quilting, then I stipple in the blank areas.
Also think about this it's Free Motion quilting, it's about being your own artist and creating what You like. You do not have to have a push button machine, you can do it with a pressure foot as well.