View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 01:36 PM
moonrise

Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
I had to purchase most of mine. Had been buying some aquas recently for a quilt I'm working on, but not enough left for a swap. Okay by me, though, as I am building up colors that are deficient in my stash. By the time we've swapped all possible colors, I should have a very well-rounded assortment. My stash was mostly blues, greens and neutrals before and most of those were very grayed/muted. I have come to love clear bright color! A big thanks to Red and all swappers for getting me out of my color rut. I buy half yards, cut 2 5" strips for this swap and 2 2.5" strips for the birthday swap and have enough left to add a small amount to my stash. I am also finally using 50+ fabrics for a quilt instead of 5-7 and my quilts are so much more interesting now. (At least I think so!)
That's a great idea!

I went ahead and pre-cut a bunch of squares for upcoming swaps, too. We were originally planning to put our house on the market last month, so I figured it would be a good idea to cut my squares, since I didn't know if/when I'd have access to my stash. We ended up deciding to wait until early next year to sell the house. Oh well. At least my squares are cut! LOL!