View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 05:46 PM
mrsmail

Originally Posted by Shibori
I think that the word "finished" is open for interpretation and not clearly defined. How can you possibly answer that it's morally or ethically wrong or right if each person's personal interpretation of what is "finished" or "not finished" is compeletely different from one another. The original poster has the final say as do each of you with your own personal projects, when her quilt is "finished" if the rules do not have a clear definition. For instance, I start a quilt in 2006. I reach a point where I stop working on it because my current skill level says it's done. I put it away for a few years, pull it back out because I learned a new and wonderful technique or maybe my hand quilting has improved and I want to add more quilting to the quilt. So, was it done in 2006 or 2010? if the rules are not clearly defined, then it's my call to decide and it's not a moral or ethical decision. It has nothing to do with morals or ethics or whether your decision makes you a bad person or a cheater. As an artist and the creator, if the rules are not clearly defined then you have the final say when it's finished. It's done when YOU think it's done, not a moral majority.
I agree!