Thread: Design advice
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 05:48 AM
bkay

Originally Posted by pewa88 View Post
Lisa Capen has a three part video series on a collage type t-shirt quilt. It is very informative. Link is below. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UB-6D_qgIU
This is a very good video.

I hope this is a good friend. I'm not sure I would tackle this for anyone short of my sister.

I'm not a real experienced quilter. I think I'm on quilt #7. I recently made a quilt from a panel. It had different sized blocks and sashing. It was not an easy project to get everything to fit and line up. I probably made it three times, with all the ripping out and resewing. But, at least I had a picture to follow.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595843[/ATTACH]

I disagree with others on one thing. This quilt does not have partial seams. It's made in sections. If you'll look at it carefully, you can see the sections. Whomever made it fit all the sections together and then sashed it which would work.

I think 47 t-shirts may be too many for one quilt unless a lot of them are small.

The quilt in the picture is done in sections. It doesn't use partial seams. It will take graph paper, a large table or a lot of crawling around on the floor to get this one designed. It would be much easier to do in strips or same sized blocks.

I didn't outline all the blocks, but you get the idea, I'm sure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595845[/ATTACH]

Good luck.

bkay
Attached Thumbnails demo.jpg