View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 09:15 AM
sassysews2

right, this is the Creative Grid ruler but it has dotted measuring lines, (the idea is to line up the block with the dotted lines & trim the row), small square blocks running diagonal representing the center square for each row, a block for marking & cutting the center block. The diagonal square blocks are to line up the center square with each corresponding row then the ruler is turned each time you add a row always turning clockwise & trimming
Problem I had is I line up the center block for each row & trim using the dotted lines for each row, when finished the block is not square. If you square it each time you add a row you keep making it smaller & the end product is way off. There are no measurements on the ruler telling you what size each row adds to the block. Should be simple to figure measurements but by using varying sizes of row fabric & trimming after they are sewn on using the dotted lines on the ruler, you lose some in the fold & each material presses diffferently, even tho I use a scant quarter I nearly always need to square my blocks. May not have made myself clear, hope its not too confusing