View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 05:05 PM
wildyard

Originally Posted by Mitty View Post
I'm sorry you're having problems, and I'll let it serve as a warning to myself not to attempt a T-shirt quilt! Or at least I'll be prepared for what I'm getting myself into.
Aww now, don't despair of making T-shirt quilts. The more of them you make the easier it gets! I have made at least 7 all t-shirt quilts, and a good many more that used one or more t-shirt design areas mixed in with regular fabrics.

Some hints: Stabilize before cutting to your final size, cutting first and trying to add the stabilizer is much harder. Decrease the pressure on your pressure foot, and using a walking foot is very helpful to minimize the foot stretching and distorting the fabric. I quilt the design in the squares before layering, then do some straight line quilting (usually 1/4 in. outline) after layering. I might add some straight line accents to the block after layering also, ie: rays from the design to the corners and sides, crosshatching, etc. Using fleece on the back, instead of batting and a cotton backing, makes both layers more compatible and easier to then quilt.