View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:27 AM
sak658

I have lots of cabinets and drawers on one whole wall of my sewing room...yesterday my OCD kicked in big time..I started cleaning out drawers, reminding myself what was in them...getting rid of things I've never used...etc..
then started going thru quilt books, bagged up a lot for Senior Citizens place...organized all the tracing paper, loose pattern pieces, fabric for labels, just sewing items in general...cleaned up sewing area, dusted, wiped down the dust on front of the drawers...next is my top cabinets...lots of stuff up there...running out of room for anymore sewing decor on walls..friend gave me a another 4 drawer chest...needless to say, it's beginning to fill up too..using it for all the projects I have lined up already with the fabric to do them with...Next is taming my scraps, right now they are sorted in dark and lights in two huge laundry baskets...and a huge plastic bag...need to do something with them soon...always working on the next quilt, keeps me from cutting the scraps into different sizes...that would take me several days or even weeks...Today, I'm tackling several more drawers, don't have time to counted cross-stitch anymore, but have one whole drawer with that, patterns, the embroidery floss and etc that goes with it...thinking about putting those online to see if I can sell them...just not enough hours in the day to do everything i want to do...and I'm 75 years old..so quilting is my number one priority right now...so other crafts have taken a back seat...
I love my sewing room...I stay in there 75% of the time...but enjoy every minute of it...
Well, back to digging...hope to finish today, my quilt is waiting for the next step...