Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:41 AM
GramE

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Finally, I have my fabric and it will get in the mail today hopefully. Whew, in time for the deadline. Was getting a bit worried at myself. This stress fracture in my second metarsal is giving me a pain. (Pun intended) Then I could not decide for sure what I wanted to do. I did learn a new way of prewashing yardage without having all the fraying.
First you open up all your yardage, no folds, then you fan fold on the selvage. I did a tuck of my edges in then fan folded the rest as normal. You must pin at one selvage edge with two or three pins. I fan folded at about 10" intervals. It seemed like a good number. Then put in washer and dryer. Comes out almost perfect. A little pressing and beautiful with no yuked edges. Just in case you wanted to know all that.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595913[/ATTACH]This one you can add whatever you want. It is called "Kitchen Sink".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595914[/ATTACH]This fabric I am asking for the blues or the gray that is in the fabric. I have gold fabric left from another project this was in and going to use that for sashing.
Lovely choices! Hopefully the pain will decrease now!