View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 11:13 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have that book and it has great info but it is very out of date about the new threads available now. The thread industry has changed dramatically in the last five years as well as the guidelines to using them.
Really? I have not noticed any dramatic changes in that recent period of time. About the only thing I can think of that was new and innovative are the holographic threads (like Superior's glitter). Other than that, the other examples I cited have been around for over 10 years.

With Trilobal polyesters improvements in manufacturing has made it stronger and while primarily introduced as Embroidery thread it is now perfectly acceptable to quilt with it and users don't experience any of the breakage issues that used to be common. I do know Glide recently introduced a 60 wt version but I still feel Diane Gaudynskis book, along with a users own experimentation, is just as applicable today as it was 10 years ago.

Can you be specific as to what dramatic changes have happened in the thread industry? Hate to think I am missing out on something! My thread addiction is almost as bad as my fabric addiction and I am always open to try new and innovative products when it comes to thread.