View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 05:42 PM
auntjo

Wow so much in common - at least those of us left here. I sewed all my oldest daughter's clothes when she was little & still wore dresses. But then I'd been sewing all my own clothes since jr. hi
formals & weddings for sister, $$, friends, etc..Started into quilting way back then, but everything was hand cut w/cardboard pattern pieces & scissors and at the very least hand quilted... With the steps & boys after, did a lot of Halloween costumes, X'mas jammies, formals & weddings for
daughter & her friends. Actually managed to finish a few quilts while they were little which they used all thru their growing up before I really had time to start getting into it "Seriously".

For those that are in the midst of moving & "downsizing", & relocating - been there, done that too, 5 yrs. ago already. After my DH died in 2011, I stayed in our home for the requisite couple years and spent the last one culling thru 26 years of life, marriage & 5 kids to downsize into a new chapter in my life (re-met up w/an old HS flame at our 45th HS reunion . Studio was definitely packed in it's entirety - but said good-bye to lots & lots & major lots of "stuff"...

Anyway here is what is growing on my design wall this week. It's a fairly quick put together pattern that I've done once for my son & my SIL decided she liked. So after collecting various fat-quarters of greens-to-darks & lights the past couple years, have decided I could get this done for her Xmas gift for this year...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595943[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails chain-link-no.-2-web-ready.jpg  

Last edited by auntjo; 06-13-2018 at 05:49 PM.