Thread: Robin's Nest
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 03:19 AM
SewingSew

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
You go, Girl!! Proud of you for empowering yourself to take care of things, LOL! I've had to do this for many years as I am single. I've gotten really good at the spider thing, especially those big enough to hear walking across the floor! Never go down without a fight -- Girl Power!

You and I must be kindred spirits Jan. Nobody has said girl power to me in years. I love it!

I hate spiders as much as I hate snakes. I have the same reaction to spiders that some women have to mice. When we lived in North Carolina, we had a pecan tree. I was out one day with a cane fishing pole knocking pecans out of the tree when I felt something land on my head. It started moving. I started doing the dance of a woman possessed! It fell off my head and onto the ground and I almost had a heart attach. It was the size of a tarantula, had flesh on its legs and had fangs. I kid you not. It reminded me of something out of a horror movie. I looked it up online. It is called a Carolina Wolf Spider. Apparently it also has glow in the dark eyes and stalks its prey at night. Its bite is said to hurt like the sting of a wasp. I found a video on YouTube to show you. By the way, the guy in this video must have trouble finding a girlfriend.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=43JgFArw428