View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 04:41 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

I read the book by the Japanese author (Marie Kondo ??) and decided that she had some ideas I liked. When I brought up my summer clothes, I tried everything on and discarded about half. Then I went through my kitchen and changed things, discarding extras. I looked at my sewing room and bundled up two boxes to send away to someone who will use it for homeless people. I’m not near done, but I’m liking what I’ve started. It takes time to go through stuff but I’m ready. I’m thinking of changing more in my sewing room as the room is small about 8 x 10. I have a huge room on a walkout level that has my batting, backing and long arm. I have a friend who takes those small pieces of batting for dog beds so that will help a great deal. I started cutting up my scrap fabric and maybe by summers end, I will have that cleared out. I decided if it’s not cut up into 2 1/2”, then it goes into the dogs bed. I don’t like sewing with anything that small and I am not a fan of those little pieces quilts. I’m happy with what I’ve accomplished so far and I know that by summers end, I will be in a better place.