Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 04:49 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I have an update on our nest of baby birds. Yesterday was the day they all left the nest. Hubby came outside and found one baby bird on the driveway, but there was no sign of the other three. Then he spotted a snake in the garage, wriggling into a hiding place! He got it and saw that there was a bulge in it's belly... so that was probably where the 3 lost babies were. Nature! It's so disappointing sometimes. Hubby took the snake a good 100 feet away and tossed it over the fence. He didn't want to kill it because it was a king snake, and we need those. He put the one baby bird in a box for safety. When I got home the mama bird was flying around the box in circles, frantic. I took the baby out of the garage and placed it on top of some azalea bushes, perching on a limb. Mama bird kept flying down checking on it. This bird could spread its wings and flutter, I just didn't see it try to fly into the air. When I checked it about an hour later, it was gone. I hope Mama bird got it to fly to safety. We prayed it would live and have a good birdy life! So sweet. Here's my last pic of him:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595998[/ATTACH]

The bulging snake reminded me of a silly poem my Dad used to say to us kids:

Algie met a bear.
The bear met Algie.
The bear was bulgy.
The bulge was Algie.

Dad thought that was SO funny!
Attached Thumbnails img_3849.jpg