Old 06-15-2018, 08:09 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Mice are attracted to food and shelter and so are rats. Snakes and cats get rid of them. DGPs fed black snakes by leaving milk in the barn for them. Solution: get cats, lots of cats and the mice will move away or be killed. Ask any farmer who were troubled by them. Feed the cats where the mice are housed. Our choice here was cats not mice. We are being invaded with flies. Hate them,too. Have hung up the half water filled quart plastic bags above the door frame that hangs down over the door with two shinny gold pennies in it. Seems to help a little bit. Think they ride in on DH back coming in the door. Or he hesitates as he opens the screen door and they fly right in.

Our 'rains' are a full 5 minutes of storms moving in and out again. Very dry here, so happy we did not plant a garden this year.

Bible Sampler is much like Laura Aaron Hird's other three books: 6 inch finished blocks. One I am working on does not have a squared up piece...trying to pp it, if not, I will rid myself of it and continue onward.