View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Becky Andersen

My cruise was planned by Travel Adventures by Michelle. It was with Royal Caribbean on Allure of the Seas. The cruise we (my sister and I) took, was for machine embroidery quilting. Angie from Lunch Box quilts was our teacher and she was awesome. The cruise was 7 days, four were quilting (sea days) and three were port days. We did excursions at all the ports. There did not seem to be many quilt shops but maybe we didn't know where to look. My class provided so much in fabrics, threads and supplies that I barely had room on the plane. I thought I was going to have to ship stuff home as it was. The machines were provided for us too. Top of the line Janome embroidery machines with the option to buy at really good price with no tax as we were at sea in International waters. There are so many activities on the ship that there was never a dull moment. We were so well cared for by staff and the food and service were beyond compare. There were 40 ladies in our quilt group and we dined together at each meal as we were assigned a dining room. We were in a great group and everyone was so nice. It was nice to meet people from all over. My cruise was my first and it certainly will not be the last. I met two wonderful women from Alaska and they live in a port city. If you did an Alaskan cruise, they told me they have nice quilt shops there.