Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 11:16 AM
PamelaOry

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Absolutely you may make the same block for multiple people. As GramE said, we have our favorites. What I try to do is post pix in the gallery as quickly as I can so everyone can see what’s already been made. There’s no rule about avoiding duplicates, but I try not to make one that’s already been made for a person. But it happens and that’s aok.
good thing, I have a rather limited vocabulary of blocks to chose from. I did buy a book and have become familiar with a few of the suggested websites with block collections. Bye bye comfort zone....here we go!

Originally Posted by jaba/
I was all psyched up to start chemo and radiation yesterday, phone rang 40 minutes before the appt. and they tell me the machine was down. Now it's next Monday....chemo has to be 5 consecutive days. Disappointing or a blessing not sure which...…I just really need to get this show on the road and get it over with.
oh no! What a complete drag to now have to wait longer to start, it’s important for you to get started ASAP!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I've been working on a quilt to combine octos, hexies, and 4 patch posies in the same quilt. Here are a few pics of my progress so far.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596162[/ATTACH]
The original fabric

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596163[/ATTACH]
2 of the 9 planned octos

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596164[/ATTACH]
The cut out parts for the octos (big triangles) and the hexies

I now have all the half hexies sewn, but need to get them pressed and everything on the design wall for hexie layout. I already know the layout of the octos.
looks beautiful and complicated!

I won a ticket to a sewing retreat for this weekend so will be leaving Thursday morning , well Wednesday night is more like it, with a 6:30 am flight that leaves from an airport 2 1/2 hours away. Right after squishy is scheduled to get here on wed. I’m tempted to take a few with me to work on in between the retreat projects, might be a nice Gear shift from a cathedral window and bag making.