View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 09:06 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Your thread artistry brought that piece to life..it would not have had the admiration and awe of so many viewers ar it various showing. My astonishment is the fact that it only rec'd one ribbon--wonder what overshadowed it and rec'd those other ribbons
The competition at the big National shows like AQS, Houston and Road is intense. Quilters from all over the world enter these shows and the work is a caliber that is just mind boggling. I am always amazed the quilts that Japanese quilters enter don't blow everyone out of the water. Here is a picture of her hanging in Road that my friend sent me. The fox is by Kathy McNeil, just google her work if you aren't familiar. She was last years Peoples Choice BOS winner at Fall Paducah with her quilt of the two draft horses called "All You Need is Love". I wish I knew who made the Angel quilt. I would love to see that one in person. The workmanship in these show quilts is just amazing. As you can see the other two make such a strong visual impact in comparison.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596205[/ATTACH]
Edited to add that Gail actually took a class with Kathy to learn her applique techniques so it is kinda neat to see student and master quilts side by side like that.
Attached Thumbnails quan-yin-road-compressed.jpg  

Last edited by feline fanatic; 06-20-2018 at 09:16 AM.