Thread: Quilted bag
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 05:42 PM
Rose_P

Thank you! I am overwhelmed by the positive response to this project!

As for fabric choice, I followed the teacher's guidelines about selecting things that don't ordinarily go together. Her bags are eclectic in very much the same way, and that was one of the reasons I signed up for the class.

The bag would be great for carrying around a project, but in general I feel awkward with a purse this big because I'm short. I would feel a little like a kid playing dress-up with mommy's purse. I knew this before I started, but there's no accounting for the urge to create sometimes. So I'm working on another one that's narrower and a little longer. This time I hope to do a better job of matching the side seams. I nailed one of them on this bag, but missed the other by a quarter inch, and didn't even notice until it was trimmed and too late to fix. The other thing I plan to do differently is make the flap a simple rectangle. That way I can bind it without the strain.

Showing the embarrassing mismatch just because the donkey is my favorite bit among the 3 dozen fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails donkey-side.jpg   other-side.jpg