View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 09:55 AM
Manalto

Originally Posted by selm View Post
Sorry, I can't answer your question about squaring the fabric but I am wondering if the knit fabric will be too stretchy for curtains? Won't the weight of the fabric hanging from the rod cause it to stretch?
What would you suggest, Sally?

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Edit: I do not have experience with draperies. Are you planning to pleat the fabric at the top? Are you planning on lining them? Are they going to be long or short? Just wondering.....
I'm not sure how answering these questions you're wondering about will help me with my problem, but just in case it might, here goes:

They will be pinch pleated.

They will not be lined.

They will be 56" in length; it's hard for me to say whether that's considered short or long.

I do have experience with draperies and curtains; I've made them for many, many windows. Where I possess a lack of experience is working with knit -- and polyester, for that matter. (I use, almost exclusively, natural fibers but for this application polyester is the best choice.) Even if it stretches a foot, that would be OK. It's something of an experiment, but I don't want to be sloppy about assembling them.