View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 09:59 PM
quiltingshorttimer

I have both the Silhouette Cameo (uses my laptop, I can purchase designs or draw my own) but find that it basically can handle fabric that either has a fusible stablizer. So great for raw-edge applique but...
I also got the Accuquilt Go BIG (electric one) and if I'd purchased it first, I would not have bought the Silhouette. I like that I don't have to add fusible and can cut up to six shapes at a time. The downside is the cost of the dies. Both require cutting mats, neither of those are cheap. I love my Accuquilt Go Big--it's saves my arthritic shoulders and hands, and I get great, accurate cuts. There are several FB pages for it and you can get lots of support there. I recommend if you do purchase an Accuquilt, you buy direct from their website as they guarantee it (dies too) but if purchased from store, any problems have to go through the store first. Watch for sales on machines and dies--mats rarely are on sale. I got my Silhouette on sale too, but don't see those as often.

Regarding your stash--since I retired I'm using more and more of my stash--not only because of the $$ invest in it, but also because I realize I won't be quilting 5 decades from now so no reason to save it! With the Accuquilt you could minimize your stash by doing lots of precuts of scraps (squares, strips, etc) and save some space. Hope you enjoy that retirement!