View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 03:21 AM
salmonsweet

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by salmonsweet
Katrine and k3n: So you are both fake are you? ;) I saw that cottonpatch also sell Quilters Dream in pure cotton, do you have an opinion on those? I have a slight preference for natural materials when possible, but of course it depends on what they do...
Oh yes, pretend Frenchies, that's us! :mrgreen:

I have no experience of the QD pure cotton and none on my little chart I made with a square of each wadding I ever used and the info at the side about shrinkage, quilting distance etc... Yes, I know I'm a weirdo! Maybe Katrine does - if she doesn't see this I'll ask her!

I would guess though that it's the 30 percent man made element that stabilises it. The Blend doesn't 'feel' fake at all but really soft and lovely. I think the manmade fibres these days are microfibre and totally unlike the old 'pot scrubber' poly waddings of old. My 5 year old daughter calls wadding 'fluffy stuff'! :-D
Wow, you are organised!! I should have done a chart when I did test squares with my handquilting.

I still have some batting squares from a sample pack lying around, by now I can't even tell anymore which square belongs to which description on the printed list the shop sent... Except for a pale green one, which I remember was made from recycled plastic. Eco, but doesn't feel like microfibre to me! Will come in handy for the first squares I'll play on with my machine, but after that I will want something I actually like to touch and work with.