View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 12:45 PM
Still Sew N

I bought a Janome 7700 with an 11" throat space. This was going to be my last piecing/quilting machine. Ha! 11" really isn't enough. It is frustrating for quilting something as small as a baby quilt. I ended up buying a Janome 9400 and selling the Janome 7700. Even thought I knew the new machine wasn't any larger to quilt on, I simply liked the new features on the upgraded machine. I ended up purchasing a sit down Janome Artistic longarm machine. The true beauty of having a quilting machine and a sewing machine is that you can continue to sew on other projects as your quilting projects will be done on a separate machine. It was very frustrating for me to realize I couldn't really sew on another project until the quilting was done on the original project. It is possible to remove quilting components and set it back up for regular sewing, I just found it frustrating to have to do that. You might be really OK with your sewing machines and just need to buy a longarm. I see that these are about $3000 on the SewingMachinesPlus website. I might add that I really enjoy completing a quilt from start to finish and that even though the quilting might not be perfect - it is handmade and I'm getting better all the time!