Old 06-27-2018, 12:39 PM
TAMARATJO

Question Challenging Quilt I would like to try - advice requested

I purchased the mini pearl bracelet fabric in 8 or 10 colors, and was trying to find the right quilt for the fabric. I found this quilt along below, and fell in love with the pattern. I consider myself an advanced beginner when it comes to piecing. But looking at the directions on how to make this block, I was a little intimidated. I have also never made a quilt out of blocks other than squares, so the hexi thing has me a bit worried to. I do think I would need to practice making some blocks with scrap fabric. I also don't have a triangle ruler, and hesitate to buy one if the pattern is way beyond my skillset. But I am willing to buy a ruler. The pattern recommends the creative grids 60 degree 8 1/2 inch ruler. Would this ruler be useful for other patterns as well?

If it helps, I have made probably 15 or so quilts of various sizes including setting blocks on point. Ohio Star, economy blocks, snowball blocks, sister's choice, churn dash, fireworks, etc. to give you an idea of what I have completed.

Honest advice from quilters who may be better able to judge the complexity of this pattern would be greatly appreciated, as would feedback on the ruler. Thank you so much!

http://freshlypieced.com/2013/03/blo...me-quilt-along