View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 02:49 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

For next time - - -

I used to "just wash" my fabrics - but after I had a bleed when using a sizing/starch - I have started soaking the fabrics i(even whites and pastels!!!!)

n hot tap water for at least two hours before washing them. I use kettles, buckets, or a sink. I like to be able to see what is going on.

I sort by color - so if one of the fabric releases some dye, it won't be a big issue - more dark green on a dark green is not as big of a deal as dark green on white!

If one of these fabrics is turning the water an intense color, I isolate it and rinse it some more.

If it won't quit bleeding/releasing color - I consider it defective and will try to return it to the store. Which is a good reason to save receipts and wash the fabrics fairlyl soon after bringing them home.

I bought a batch of bad black fabric and did not get around to washing it until years after buying it. So sad, too bad, the seller told me.

Anyway, good luck with your stain removal. I think that the above methods will work.

I would still bring the quilt for the auction - sometimes a quilt that is already "broken in" will become the most loved quilt in a home.

Last edited by bearisgray; 06-28-2018 at 02:51 AM.