View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 07:28 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I do like luvstoquilt, kind of. I have the assortment of fabric stashed together. Sometimes with a pattern, but sometimes just an idea of what I want to do with said fabric. Because I "stash" buy, most of my fabrics are in 2 yard increments so ample to do just about any pattern that strikes my fancy. Some of my "kits" have had numerous pattern changes before getting cut into and some I have "cannablized" because I had another project that I knew the fabric I had kitted aside would be just perfect. But for the most part I am good about committing the fabric to a project, I just don't always know what the project will be.
I also work the other way around, find a pattern I really like, shop my stash with maybe a few more fabrics added and away I go. There are certain patterns I definitely want to make like a Swoon quilt, Pineapple and feathered star. There are also patterns I will revisit, like Mariner's compass and another offset log cabin. Some quilts I see I think to myself "Oh I am definitely making that" then a year down the road they are forgotten. And I know I have "kits" with pattern in my bins that may or may not get made or evolve into something else. Some do see fruition. I am currently working on one of my "kits" I set aside at least 4 years ago. And am sticking with the pattern I picked out for it and didn't use any of the fabrics out of the kit, but will surely have leftovers when I am done.