Old 06-29-2018, 08:15 AM
feffertim

The first ruler I bought was the Westerlee meander template and I really like it, its a good starter one, they have videos of it being used.More of these rulers are coming on the market now and I think this is an exciting next step for me to improve my quilting skills. I also have a Janome 6600 and you do need their free motion foot to be able to use their ruler foot
Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post
I've watched a few questions about ruler quilting and I think I am ready for the next step to my quilting. I work on a domestic machine, Janome 6600, not a long arm. I was especially interested in the Creative Grids rulers - Shorty, Slim, Archie, Squiggy, etc.

Currently for quilting I do stitch in the ditch, straight lines using that metal bar thingy to follow lines already made and I do a free motion stipple. I've also done some free hand echo quilting. On one quilt I used a stencil which went ok, but not as easy as I thought!

If I were to start with one ruler which would you suggest? The Shorty and Slim look so similar, that I'm tempted to get the Slim for the extra length. I will admit the rulers with all the curves and circles call to me as well, but I'm thinking I should get the basics down first.

So please share your experience and tips! Thanks!