View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 09:34 AM
SuziSew

Originally Posted by RJLinkletter View Post
On the forum I keep seeing people mention that they are starting or doing a row by row or that they are collecting something for it while out of town.

What is it? I don’t think it is something we have here in the UK a I have never heard of it before.
Hi RJ!

From what you are describing you are hearing about the row by row experience on the link Sleepy Hollow gave you. It has become an international event that runs from June 21st through September 4th. Each year has a different theme and you can collect free patterns from participating shops and many offer kits for purchase. After Sept. 4th, the patterns will not be available until (I think) Nov 1st sometimes at a cost. You have to physically go to the shop to pick up the pattern. If you complete a quilt (8) stores and are the 1st to take it into a shop you can win a prize. It's a fun opportunity to visit different shops that you may not normally go to. There is a link on the web site that will take you to the map, you will see several countries listed including England. (direct link: https://rowbyrowexperience.com/store-finder/

There are usually a few threads here on the QB and Facebook that you can see what others are doing. If you search row by row here I'm sure you'll find many past threads. If nothing else it's something fun to look into.