Old 06-29-2018, 05:07 PM
givio

I would kindly say to the customer that since she spoke with the quilt shop she should be able to indicate where the quilt is falling apart, would she please put a safety pin on these areas so you can repair them, that you would reimburse her for her postage to send the quilt back to you, and you would pay for the postage to return the finished quilt to her. If she is unwilling to admit where the quilt is falling apart and unwilling to have you to repair your work, then apparently she is willing to keep it and deal with it herself. I would indicate a time frame in which you will expect the quilt to be delivered back to you, and conclude by saying if you have not received it by that time, then you will consider that she is happy with the quilt, as she had initially indicated to you at first she was happy with it. I would say these things in writing, and keep a copy of what you offered to do in order to make the situation right, and send your offer to her by registered mail, with a signed receipt requested, so you will have proof of what you offered, the time frame involved, and proof that she received your offer.

If she sends you the quilt to repair, I'd photograph every area that has a safety pin, and I'd go over the whole quilt extremely carefully as to the construction of it, and I would get a written statement from someone who is qualified to say that it is a normal quilt with normal construction, keep a copy of of that statement, and include the original statement with the repaired quilt when sending the quilt back to the customer, and include a friendly thank you note for her business.

If she doesn't send the quilt in the allotted time, try to move forward, learn from it, forget it.

Last edited by givio; 06-29-2018 at 05:10 PM.