Old 06-29-2018, 05:47 PM
profannie

Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
your quilt is stunning. For someone who has only been quilting for 5 years, I think you did a great job of making that quilt. Unfortunately, once your customer saw some of those thread tails.....she turned her attention into fine detail and looking for every imperfection she could find. I'm sorry you have to deal with this, but all the experienced ladies on this board seem to have provided great guidance. It's a great learning experience for us all (even the binding thing by sewing the corners), but also an inspiration for me....what's that pattern? Looks beautiful, but hard.
Thanks for your comment. I used the "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" block to create the central panel. It's hard because it's curved piecing, but once you get the hang of it, it's not that hard. First time I made a baby quilt with this block, it took me months :-) Now I can finish a small one in a day or two. This is really the kind of pattern you have to make over and over again to get good at. I must have made more than 30 quilts with this block, so it's an old friend.