Old 06-30-2018, 03:18 AM
Gerbie

I love the pattern. I do not own a long arm machine and do all of my quilting for my quilts on my Bernina 930 domestic. I'm not an expert and I don't do a lot of fancy stitching so I don't feel I can make any comments on the quilting portion. I am currently in the process of making 2 memory quilts so to speak from western shirts for a friend of my daughter. My daughter is god mother to her 2 children. These 2 quilts are to be made from the young woman's dad's shirts (who is deceased and passed away before either of the children were born), and are from different fabrics, but no knits thank goodness. I am still in the process of taking all of the shirts apart to have enough fabric to work with, this is a chore in itself- a least 20 + shirts. The young woman doesn't sew at all and sent some garments to be used that I feel are unsuitable because of the fabric like 2 pair of jeans she sent. I have told her early on, that some of the garments were unsuitable. I will work with what I can use. I haven't told her yet, but I only plan to charge her for the batting that I use. She has MS and is wheelchair bound and having a lot of medical expenses. Basically I am doing this as a favor. I don't quilt for the public.
To begin with I don't like the idea of making quilts from clothing that someone once wore I used new fabric and pictures of my children from infancy to adulthood for their memory quilts.
I do agree with you about the quilt shop and perhaps they are wanting to do her quilting in the future. I'm wondering why she took the quilt to the shop to begin with before consulting you first if she had a problem or questions about the finished quilt. Good luck with this problem.

Last edited by Gerbie; 06-30-2018 at 03:29 AM.